Like any good trail system, connectors help you navigate the landscape quicker. We don’t have time for the long way around. COVID-19 demands that our US based manufacturers, suppliers and healthcare providers connect quickly to meet the urgent needs of essential workers. What can you supply? What do you need? Let’s go.
What is Supply Connector?
This platform has been built to help connect US manufacturers, suppliers and healthcare professionals directly with what they need during the COVID-19 crisis. After we have recovered from the COVID-19 crisis, we expect to keep the platform live for ongoing direct US supplier and US manufacturer relationships. We will only be approving provider and needs listings from US based companies and organizations.
We have a small dedicated team working to coordinate efforts for domestic manufacturing across the country. We are working directly with states to help coordinate manufacturers with Manufacturing Extension Partnership networks, and efforts with buyers in state Emergency Management, Health and Human Services, and regional hospital groups.
Our goal is to provide a national customizable platform for Manufacturing Extension Partnerships, economic developers, states, counties, and regional councils to:
- coordinate ongoing efforts in supply chain needs during and post-COVID-19
- bolster US manufacturing and economic development across the US
- prepare public-facing businesses to reopen
- assist in the future preparedness of US manufacturing resources
How does Supply Connector work?
Supply Connector is a simple and fast way to find what you need and/or offer what you have.
- If you identify as a US company in need or have US manufactured goods you can provide, please fill in the appropriate form.
- Before you submit your US based company to the Supply Connector database, you will be asked to give consent to be publicly listed in the directory. All submissions must provide this consent to participate.
- We have a small team moderating submissions. It may take up to 24hrs (usually less) before your listing will appear in the search.
- After submitting your information you will be sent to the directory. From here the platform allows you to be found directly by other manufacturers, suppliers, and healthcare professionals using search terms or filters. You may connect directly with each other using the information provided in the listing.*
- We ask participants to keep their posts updated to keep a relevant and timely directory of needs and capacity. Use the link in your confirmation email to update your listing.
Thanks in advance for helping make this work!
*Note: This platform has been built to help connect US manufacturers, suppliers and healthcare professionals directly with what they need during the COVID-19 crisis. After we have recovered from the COVID-19 crisis, we expect to keep the platform live for ongoing direct US supplier and US manufacturer relationships. We will only be approving provider and needs listings from US based companies and organizations.
Will my information be public?
How can I update or delete my information?
In your confirmation email after you submit your information, you will be given a link and log in to update or delete your listing. If you have any trouble you can email us here to help.
How long will it take for my submission to be searchable?
Currently we have a small team moderating submissions every day. You can expect your submission to be reviewed and posted within a few hours. If we have a large volume of submissions at once, it may take longer. Thank you in advance for your patience! Please contact us if you do not see your post within 24 hours.
Who do I contact if I don’t see my area represented?
If you do not see your area represented or wish to provide some feedback, please submit your request here.
There may be several areas that aren’t adequately represented right now. Currently, we are focused on COVID-19 relief efforts currently and will transition to a more overall directory in the future.
How can I support this effort?
This directory has been a volunteer effort to date. We are seeking funding to keep it going and to help us scale the site and make it evolve to serve emerging needs in the coming months and beyond COVID-19. Please contact us if you can donate to this effort.
How did Supply Connector begin?
A small group of professionals in the outdoor industry were seeking a way to connect brands who were pivoting operations to help provide relief for the COVID-19 crisis. With requests coming in from both the supply and healthcare sides, we realized there wasn’t a tool in place to rapidly match the needs of these requests. Several forms were being used to create data sets for sourcing materials or coordinating efforts, however there wasn’t a way for the users to search and directly connect on their own without a matchmaker.
So we decided to build it.
Supply Connector is a volunteer collaboration between Status Forward, Good Talk, and the Outdoor Industry Office for NC, with support from Growing Outdoors Partnership, North Carolina Outdoor Recreation Coalition, and The Outdoor Gear Builders.
We are starting simple, with our first goal to get information flowing directly. Additional features and updates will roll out over time.
If you have a data set that you feel would benefit from this platform please send it our way. We look forward to the day when it’s the economy and not COVID-19 that is driving this need. Our hope is that this platform can continue to be a resource for manufacturers and suppliers to bolster US manufacturing. Until then, let’s continue to connect and supply those who need it the most.